Ellison Primary Academy is part of the Societas Multi-Academy Trust. This is an equal partnership of five primary academies including:
Ashgreen Primary Academy
Gladstone Primary Academy
Goldenhill Primary Academy
Summerbank Primary Academy
At the heart of the Societas Trust structure is the key driver that all schools are equal partners:
- Each school retains its own unique identity.
- Each school retains its own governing board
- Each school retains autonomy on how the individual school’s money is spent for its own children
- Each school retains autonomy over its curriculum
- Each school retains its own leadership (no executive head/ lead school)
- All schools working collaboratively, not competitively.
The headteachers at these schools have worked together over a number of years and therefore our collaborative activities to support teaching and learning have developed to the point where all schools wished to formalise our successful partnership. All six of the schools have appreciated the benefits of collaborative working over a number of years. The partnership has resulted in:
- Valuable opportunities to develop collaborative learning opportunities for the children in our schools;
- Improved standards for children for all schools within the partnership;
- Operational efficiencies through economies of scale as a group of six schools;
- Additional continuing professional development opportunities;
- Strengthened relationships between communities that cover a diverse geographical, socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural region; further embedding a celebration of diversity and mutual respect.